Happy to pay more if it breaks
Are you serious? With small business more aware of the importance of cybersecurity, 79 percent of respondents to the Vanson Bourne survey said they planned on investing more in cybersecurity… but they don’t. This means you can no longer afford to make cybersecurity a low priority as you have become an easy target for hackers. According to research, cyberattacks increased to 67 percent in 2018 with huge costs to recover – HUGE.
You can no longer afford to make cybersecurity a low priority as you have become an easy target for hackers.
Most small businesses do not have the budget to deal with cybersecurity inhouse so it makes sense they partner with their IT provider.
That being said – many do nothing and dare statistics ‘I will be fine‘
The Ponemon Institute study found the top 5 common attacks on SMBs in 2018 were:
- phishing and social engineering
- web-based attacks
- compromised and stolen devices
- denial of services
So, it is urgent that you do something about your cybersecurity for if you do not have the right protection it is not a matter of if, but when, you will experience a security breach. And it could be catastrophic financially and to your reputation which results in clients losing confidence in your organisation’s ability to protect their data.
Increasing investment in your IT Support
- You need to be more proactive about protecting your business systems rather than reacting to breaches. The most cost-effective way for a small business to protect its business is to partner with an MSP or IT Service Provider to prevent malicious attacks.
- Focus on state-of-the-art security solutions including firewall and network protection, daily systems backup, 24/7 systems monitoring, data encryption, elimination and prevention of threats in real-time.
- Optimise your business systems and processes to identify and fix any weak areas. The amount of CFO’s who paid a hacker because they thought their CEO sent an email is astounding and it happens every day. Have them use multi-factor verification when an email is received, call the CEO and verify.
- Get your team informed with security awareness training – there are tools where you can intentionally spam your organisation and test your team’s responses to Phishing and other exploits, and turn practice into a game.
Need help? Talk to us
Enabling your business to grow efficiently and effectively – we’re the Rightsize for you.
Small businesses struggle to budget their IT operation and often spend inefficiently with a less than a great return on their investment. Rightsize Technology understand: we deliver a minimum 30% reduction on IT overheads as a dedicated outside IT department for our clients. Our unlimited 24×7 support, both on and offsite increases business productivity and capacity, enabling their business to grow efficiently and effectively – we’re the Rightsize for growing small businesses. Talk to our team today for more information.